Sunday, January 5, 2014

Library Table

Taking a break from the many house updates, I have to show you a project my husband worked on over break.  This table I bought at an auction for a whopping $10!!!  It looked pretty rough, but structurally was pretty sound, so I jumped on it.



I didn't really know what I wanted to do with it so I thought now was a good time to try the much talked about Annie Sloan chalk paint.  We purchased a quart of the french linen paint, clear wax, and the brown wax.  It was pricey, but my husband loved working with it.  He said it went on easily and covered the piece great.  The final product turned out better than I could have imagined!

Here are some pictures of the final product one it was completed.  Check out the last photo of a close-up of the before an after.  


The ta

No comments:

Post a Comment