Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More thrifty finds

So on Sunday I linked up to Rhoda's thrify finds party at southernhospitalityblog.com, but I shopped a local online auction and purchased a few more things today that I just couldn't wait to showcase.
The auction was full of antique items!  I'm not sure of where this cross came or how old it is, but when I saw it I just knew I had to have it!

My living room is a very large room and if you have looked at my previous posts, you will see that we added a large focal point, our fireplace, immediately upon buying the home.  We are saving up to add custom cabinets and bookshelves on the walls on either side of the fireplace, so right now those walls are completely bare.  On one side of the room, as you can see in the pictures below, we have our chairs with a window in between.  On the one wall we have a large mirror, but the other wall is pretty blank.  I had planned on doing some sort or picture collage and started with one picture, but then didn't think that would feel right.  I would love to have another matching mirror on that wall as well, which could happen, as both my mom and I purchased those same mirrors when a Bombay store near us was going out of business. However, her mirror is currently being loved on by my sister who just won't give it up.
This is where the shelving units will eventually be (don't mind the baby gear explosion) :)

The wall behind the chair that the dog is sitting in is where I plan to hang it.

So, I have been on a mission to find a piece to fill that wall, and I think I did just that today!  Look at this beauty...

I paid $30 for it!!!!  $30!!!!  I thought it was an absolute steal.  I wouldn't be able to find artwork that size for $30, so I thought it was great!  It's large, but not too large!  I am just dying for my husband to get home from work to hang it!  Do you think it will look good in the space?  I think it will and I think I can even keep it there once the shelving units are complete.  Anyone have any other suggestions for this empty wall just in case I decide to put it somewhere else?


I also purchased this lamp...



I paid $30 for this as well, which I thought was a little pricey and maybe even too much, but I thought it would look absolutely adorable in baby's nursery.  Anyone know anything about this lamp?  even if I did pay too much I think it will fit perfecty in his nursery and he will just love it once he is older!  Which if you haven't seen his nursery remodel check that out here!

Come back soon for more thrifty finds and to see some of the updates on my thrifty finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment